World’s first Thunderbolt™ certified bus-powered ‘add your own drive' enclosure
** You can buy the enclosure alone or with 1TB, 2TB, 4TB or SSD **
History-Making DIY Pocket-Sized Storage Solution
While small in stature, the OWC Envoy Express is big news. For the first time ever in the history of Thunderbolt™, you can buy a bus-powered Thunderbolt™ certified enclosure and install your own drive in it. Finally…a DIY kit that lets you break free of pre-configured choice limits so you can build a pocket-sized storage solution to meet your specific needs. And rebuild it anytime those needs change. Equally revolutionary is the included slide mount. This surface-safe removeable drive holder allows you to slide the Envoy Express onto the back of your notebook’s screen for out-of-the-way mobile use convenience. More options. More usability. More functionality...only from OWC.
The Power of Build Your Own Options
Build your Envoy Express with a brand-new drive for a fast boot drive. Re-task an existing drive replaced during an upgrade for added storage and backup capacity. Or, use Envoy Express to regain access to files on a drive removed from an inoperable machine. Whatever the reason you want to build your own bus-powered Thunderbolt enclosure, Envoy Express gives you the power to make it happen.
Backup, Play, and Edit. Faster.
Whether you want to backup your growing photo and music libraries, need to share files, play more PS4/Xbox games, or even want to capture and edit up to 8K video, the Envoy Express can be used for a variety of needs. And it’s built to support super-fast sustained data transfer rates up to 1553MB/s…often faster than your machine’s internal drive performance!
- Certified: first bus-powered enclosure that meets stringent Thunderbolt™ power requirements
- DIY easy: uses any NVMe M.2 2280 SSD available today and in the future
- Super-fast: supports up to 1553MB/s real-world performance1
- Convenient: integrated 10.2-inch Thunderbolt™ 3 cable
- Compact: shorter than a ballpoint pen and weighs a mere 3.3 ounces with drive
- Silent: runs cool and distraction-free
- Stylishly rugged: Black anodized aluminum provides “field-tough” data protection
- Gets onboard: includes back of laptop screen slide mount for safe, out-of-the way use.
Uses Today’s and Tomorrow’s Drives
Designed to support any NVMe M.2 2280 SSD, the Envoy Express gives you the freedom of flexibility to use any drive today, available now with capacities up to 8TB – as well as being ready for tomorrow’s 16TB and larger capacities without limit.
Gets Onboard with Macs and PCs
Today’s office is often a tiny bistro table, your lap in a remote location, or a cramped airplane seat. There’s no power outlet and not enough room for an external drive. Besides being the industry’s first Thunderbolt™ 3 bus powered (no power adapter required) enclosure, the Envoy Express is the first to include a notebook mounting system.
Removeable adhesive gel and a lightweight yet durable plastic holder secures the Envoy Express onto the back of your Thunderbolt™ 3-equipped Mac or PC notebook screen. Easy to add and easy to remove with no marking or marring.
Need to share the Envoy Express? It can work cross-platform with Macs and PCs using OWC's MacDrive software
(sold separately). Peace between the platforms.
- Performance results will vary depending on user installed drive. 1553MB/s performance based on testing a 2.0TB OWC Aura Pro P12 equipped Envoy Express connected to an iMac Pro Late 2017 (iMacPro1,1) with 32GB RAM and 3.2GHz processor running AJA System Test (4K-Full resolution, 16GB file size, 10bit RGB codec, single file test).